The following criteria will be used to ultimately decide on the awardees:
- Age – must be 49 years of age or under on December 31, 2012.
- Minimum years in business – the business with which the nominee is associated must have been in operation for a minimum of 3 years.
- The businesses associated with the nominees should operate in a wide range of sectors that are representative of the Jamaican economy, such as: education, health, information and communications technology, security, manufacturing, export trade, local distribution, financial services, agriculture, media, hospitality and tourism, real estate and construction, professional services, entertainment, culture and environment.
- Job creation - the business must be a net generator of jobs.
- Social Responsibility – the business and the nominee must be able to demonstrate impact on the Jamaican society through its/his/her advocacy and/or philanthropic endeavours.
- Innovation and Creativity – the business/individual must be able to demonstrate innovation in the products/services offered.
- Integrity – nominees must demonstrate, through their personal and business dealings, strong ethical practices.
- Compliance - the individual and the business must be fully compliant with business registration and tax laws.
- Profitability - the business must be profitable or demonstrate a clear path to profitability within 2 years.
Other important conditions of entry include:
- The Judges’ decision is final and there will be no further correspondence.
- Completed entry forms will be treated in strict confidence and will not be circulated outside of judges, sponsors and members of the 50underFifty Planning Committee
- The PSOJ and the Gleaner reserve the right to publish entrants’ photos and biographical details and to vet and substantiate information contained in entry forms.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost or misplaced entries and incomplete entries will be disregarded.
- Submission of an entry form indicates acceptance of the Conditions of Entry. Failure to comply may result in disqualification